In case of a request for any kind of repairs Atlas Technical Department may arrange urgent repairs at very organized shipyards in Tuzla repair area. The shipyards, generally are well provided with a group of qualified workshops, such as mechanical, electrical, steel sandblasting, dry docking, etc.
Thru our relations with the shipyards and also with the assistance of our locally deployed technical team, you may assured that, very competitve low quotations for renewal and repairs may be obtained.
Today, in Turkey’s 60 modernized shipyards, brand new ships, yachts, mega-yachts and sailing boats are being manufactured. Turkish shipyards with their completed infrastructure are in compliance with international standards and have experienced personnel to cope with all repair and renovation problems.
• 10 million DWT repair and maintenance capacity
• 1,4 million DWT new shipbuilding capacity
• 400.000 ton steel processing capacity
• 70.000 DWT new ship building capacity
• Employment of 28,500 workers directly and about 100.000 workers indirectly
• Turnover of about USD 2,5/3 billion shipbuilding and repair activities
• Turkey’s worldwide market share in shipbuilding have reached to 1.4 percent (World’s fifth largest shipbuilding capacity ) with a target of fourth place in 2010
Tuzla shipyard which has one of the greatest floating docks of the world with 80 m width, 355 m length and 300.000 DWT floating capacity also provide services with other various floating docks. These docks have floating capacity up to 100.000 DWT.
The types and tonnage capacities of these Turkish and foreign flag ships varied: petroleum tankers, chromium-nickel and epoxy tank chemical ships, container ships, multi- and special-purpose ships, military vessels, vessels for fishing purposes, survey vessels, bunker barges, tugboats, supply and offshore boats, mega yachts and other types of sailing or motor boats are being built. These vessels were manufactured in accordance with international standards (ISO 9000 and AQAP Quality Certificates) and under the supervision of certain societies.
Tuzla shipyard Anchorage Coordinates;
A- Anchorage area for area for passenger and general cargo vessels
40 50' 00" N, 29 15' 36" E
PILOTAGE: Compulsory and provided by Gisas.
Gisas Phone : (216) 446 00 81-82
Pilot Ofice. Phone : (216) 446 03 15
Fax : (216) 446 06 83
VHF band : Ch 16 , 12
Please Contact :